About Me

My photo
New England, United States
Having been unable to break my silence about being gay or bisexual due to living in a conservative New England community, and being an active Mormon as well as being married to a wonderful woman, I will try to do so here. This is the story of parts my life, beginning when I was a young teenage boy. I have learned that being gay or bisexual can, in ways, be a lonely life. I was not actually alone, but many times it felt like I was. As a boy, I thrilled at the discoveries that I had made about my body and my physical and emotional attractions. I despaired when I realized I couldn't tell anyone. There were times when things didn't end well. There were some sad and traumatic experiences. But, there were also many joyful and wonderful life experiences that I wouldn’t have had if I had given in to discouragement along the way. I believe there is joy in living even with the challenges along the way. Be aware that I have been honest and to some degree explicit in my boyish descriptions of my budding sexual awareness. What I have written is what I felt, thought and experienced at the time. These particular posts are marked with a double star **.

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

In My Dreams

As I look back on my younger years, one of the first indications that I might be gay was the appearance of gay themed dreams into my nightlife. I can place the appearance of such dreams at the age of about twelve. In the earliest dreams I was usually naked which was in total opposition to what took place in my waking hours. I was raised to be extremely modest and having these dreams was at first disquieting but at the same time, liberating. These dreams were short and I would awake in wonder at what I had just experienced. I also learned quickly that it had felt good and wished that people were allowed to do such a things openly.

After and during my experience with David, my dreams went beyond being alone in them. There was generally nothing sexually gratuitous taking place, just romantic feelings and friendship for the characters involved. I longed to experience some of what took place in my dreams in real life. But being shy and uncertain about myself, I only got to experience these feelings in dreamland. Sometimes on awakening, I would try as hard as I could to go back to sleep quickly. I so wanted to continue to have feel those feelings of love, friendship and sometimes arousal. I desired to pick up where the story of my dream was suddenly torn from my mind. Sadly, I was never successful in returning. I would try to will myself in subsequent nights to experience a similar dreams.

My dreams most always involved people of the same gender. As I grew to adulthood these dreams became less frequent but more sexually detailed and vivid. I sometimes felt guilt and shame for having these dreams. As those of you know who have followed my writings, I am a gay man in a mixed orientation marriage. I still on occasion have these dreams. I no longer feel guilt or shame but I do awake hoping that I don't talk in my sleep.


1 comment:

Jay M. said...

Oh wow, this so mirrors my early feelings and thoughts. My first "sex" was wet dreams...remembered as you describe...with my best friends involved. I figured out the rest as I went along, then church camp allowed me to find the words.

I worry about talking in my sleep, but now the only person who sleeps within earshot is also gay, and knows I am, and thus doesn't care!

Peace <3
Jay

Post a Comment